Signal Ocean brings shipping into the 21st century with a platform that enhances commercial performance for the entire shipping supply chain, and currently is looking for a mid-senior Data Scientist to join its Strategy team in Athens.
Using Agile methodologies, our Data Scientists work tightly integrated with engineering, data, product and business analysis professionals to develop robust, scalable data science models, tools and insights related to the highly entrepreneurial domains of shipping and commodities trading.
If you are interested in working at the intersection of artificial intelligence/machine learning, software engineering and advanced business analytics and if you have the skills and drive to create and improve novel algorithms, models and, ultimately, technology products that professionals love, then we would love to hear from you.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
The interview process includes a short quiz to help us better appreciate your knowledge and the way you think.
- MSc / PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a relevant scientific field
- 3+ years of post-academic data science experience; advanced Python and/or R skills
- Strong skills working with algorithms, computational complexity, statistics and ML/AI techniques
- Software engineering skills are welcome in either C#.Net, Java or functional computer languages
- Passionate and talented in quickly assimilating business, technology and science ideas
- Expertise in working with large datasets (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience with Big Data systems (Spark, Hadoop) and geospatial/temporal data is welcome
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (company’s working language)
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority)
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping
- Fun and well equipped work environment