Signal Ocean, the analytics start-up associated with Signal Maritime, is looking for exceptional Data Scientists with advanced software engineering skills to join its Strategy team in Athens.
Using Agile methodologies, our Data Scientists work tightly integrated with engineering, data, product and business analysis professionals to develop robust, scalable data science models, tools and insights related to the highly entrepreneurial domains of shipping and commodities trading.
If you are interested in working at the intersection of artificial intelligence/machine learning, software engineering and advanced business analytics and if you have the skills and drive to create and improve novel algorithms, models and, ultimately, technology products that professionals love, then we would love to hear from you.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
The interview process includes a short quiz to help us better appreciate your knowledge and the way you think.
- Passionate and talented in quickly assimilating business, technology and science ideas
- 2+ years of post-academic data science experience; advanced Python and/or R skills
- Software engineering skills are welcome in either C#.Net, Java or functional computer languages
- Expertise in working with large datasets (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience with Big Data systems (Spark, Hadoop) and geospatial/temporal data is welcome
- MSc / PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a relevant scientific field
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (company’s working language)
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority)
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping
- Fun and well equipped work environment