Senior Software Engineer
Signal Ocean is a technology start-up with a strong shipping pedigree. Using deep domain expertise and the latest in Machine Learning, we deliver solutions to shipping professionals that allow them to make better decisions, faster.
We offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art architectures and technology stacks and we organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies. Currently, we are looking for Software Engineers to join our IT function in Athens, and the ideal candidates will have a strong analytical and engineering background along with a passion in contributing across product discovery, delivery, optimization, QA, DevOps and Continuous Integration.
Our recruitment process starts with an on-line coding test and includes up to approx. 4 interviews/sessions.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
- The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience within a team-based environment
- Building efficient server-side applications using Python, Flask, Django
- Excellent software development and object-oriented design fundamentals with a strong background in software applications
- Experience with relational database and SQL
- Familiarity with Linux OS
- Checking code from other developers and coaching junior team members
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals (data representation, data structures, algorithms) and with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge and experience with continuous integration and deployment automation concepts
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and delivery timelines; Agile development experience is welcome
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud deployment technologies is a plus
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% performance bonus/incentive (depending on seniority)
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping
- Fun and well equipped work environment