We are looking for a junior level versatile Assistant Operator professional who is interested in pursuing a career in a newly established, dynamic and innovative shipping group.
The role will report directly to the company’s Operations Manager and will be involved in operations activities for a fleet of tankers.
Some indicative tasks might be:
- Planning and coordinating vessel voyages per charter party terms
- Liaising with tanker vessels and monitoring vessel’s progress during voyage
- Analyzing and optimizing vessels’ overall performance
- Overseeing and reviewing voyage income/expenses
- Appointing port agents and approving DAs
- Liaising with Chartering brokers
- Developing solid relationships to ensure commercial cooperation
- Liaising with technical management office
If you combine the necessary skills and experience with high integrity, attention to detail, a strong self-drive, a passion for analytical thinking and technology and an active interest in shipping, then we would love to hear from you.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
You should have:
- BSc/MSc in Shipping Management, Marine Policy, Business Administration or a related field
- At least 1-2 years of experience in an Operations Department or Post Fixture Department
- Solid knowledge of post fixture handling (i.e. freights collections/claims, disbursements, would be a plus
- Proven analytical and methodical skills
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing working conditions (i.e. new vessel sizes, segments, markets)
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business stakeholders
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
Ideally, you should also have:
- Advanced IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Junior-level competitive salary and up to 10% performance bonus/incentive
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping
- Fun and well equipped work environment