Office Administrator - Reception
Signal Ocean is a well-funded, AI-powered B2B SaaS start-up developing technology products for the maritime transportation sector. We bring together in-depth sector expertise with world-class applied data science to deliver information and decision support tools to professionals in shipping and related commodity trading industries.
We are currently looking for an excellent communicator, with a passion for customer service who will oversee and handle all office and reception activities, and have the chance to work with talented people in a driven, creative and fun environment. The position will report to our HR. The ideal candidate will possess a passion and solid understanding of office management and administration procedures, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, a can-do attitude and strong people- and customer-centric mindset.
- Manage and ensure efficient running of reception including check in /out procedures; responsible for welcoming visitors and overseeing office security
- Handle our main phone line, direct telephone traffic and mail operations appropriately
- Provide first-class administrative support for team members; scheduling meetings, appointments, travel etc.
- Keep reception, rest areas, meeting rooms and office clean, tidy and well presented
- Serve as the point of contact for office management matters; maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Process office related invoices and expenses, organize receipts, allocate and file accordingly
- Handle office vendors, order supplies, and all office & building related needs
- Assist as needed to a wide variety of tasks and projects
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- Bachelor’s Degree required/preferred
- 1+ year experience in office management/operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management tools (Google Docs, Slack, CRMs) will be a plus
- Ability to handle routine, administrative work well, with high precision, accuracy and detail-orientation
- Strong self-organization and team-play skills; pro-active willingness to help
- Ability to always smile, represent the company culture and create positive interaction experiences
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize work and suggest improvements
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping
- Fun and well-equipped work environment