Full-Stack Software Engineer
We are looking for a self-driven, inquisitive, fast-learning full-stack Software Engineer with C#/.NET and ReactJS experience and passion for creating high-quality solutions to join our team in Athens.
Signal Ocean is a technology start-up with a strong shipping pedigree. By combining strong domain expertise, state-of-the-art modeling, and software engineering, we deliver solutions to shipping professionals that enable them to make better decisions, faster.
We offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art technology stacks and a global, financial-technology product vision. We organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies and expect candidates to be ready to contribute across product discovery, development, optimization, QA and continuous integration.
Signal’s Software Engineers work closely with data science, design, product, and business analysis professionals to develop robust solutions to the highly entrepreneurial domain of shipping.
If you are interested in working at the intersection of software engineering, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and advanced business analytics and if you have the skills and drive to create and improve technology products that professionals love, then we would love to hear from you.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.
- The ideal candidate will possess:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s university degree in Computer Science, related technical field or exceptional practical experience
- 3+ years of working experience in full-stack development
- Strong experience in ReactJS. Good knowledge of Typescript and MobX is also welcomed
- Demonstrable Microsoft C#/.NET development skills. Experience with .NET Core and additional programming languages (e.g.: Python) is welcome
- Knowledge and an active interest in Design Patterns and SOLID architecture principles
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (design, administration, tuning) and with ORM frameworks e.g. Entity Framework, Dapper, etc.
- Experience with testing and mocking frameworks
- Familiarity with microservices and REST APIs
- Involvement with cloud computing technologies and familiarity with how to configure and tune web stack in the cloud
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and aggressive delivery timelines; Agile development experience and DevOps interest (including tools like Visual Studio, Git, TeamCity, SCRUM/Agile tools) is welcome
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (company’s working language)
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% performance bonus/incentive (depending on seniority)
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping
- Fun and well-equipped work environment