Mobile Engineering Lead
We are looking for a formidable mobile developer with expert iOS and some Android skills, who has a proven track record in leading mobile engineering teams. Experience in Business to Business (B2B) applications is a strong asset.
We’re looking for people who share our passion and belief that the best technology is simple, beautiful, and usable – and that our users deserve the absolute best experience we can build.
We offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art technology stacks and a global, financial-technology product vision. We organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies and expect candidates to be ready to contribute across product discovery, development, optimization, QA and continuous integration.
Indicative responsibilities would be to:
- Support the entire mobile application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers to build interfaces that improve user experience
- Research and suggest, along with DevLead and PM, new mobile products and applications
Our recruitment process typically includes an on-line coding test and up to approx. 4 interviews.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proven experience (4 years or more) as a Mobile developer; in engineering real-world mobile applications of medium-to-large scope and complexity; B2B and/or FinTech experience preferred
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App Store (iOS) or the Play Store (Android)
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Knowledge of mobile testing best practices
- Active interest in reading-up on the latest mobile frameworks and libraries
- Knowledge of Continuous integration and Continuous delivery methodologies
- Solid technical design and architecture knowledge
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches; passion for building intuitive mobile interfaces that present data in compelling ways
- Speed in understanding business and building working UI (e.g. prototypes)
- Substantial experience with Agile/SCRUM, including extensive experience as SCRUM master
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams (e.g. experience with Slack)
- Great attitude towards work and people; amazing ability to get stuff done, a sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority)
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping
- Fun and well-equipped work environment