Digital Product Designer
Are you passionate about designing digital products? Do you have an interest in shipping? Come join our Design team in Signal Ocean.
Signal Ocean is a technology start-up with a strong shipping pedigree. Using deep domain expertise and the latest in Machine Learning, we deliver solutions to shipping professionals that allow them to make better decisions, faster.
We are currently looking for a Product Designer to join the team. The ideal candidate will have a strong design background, an eye for simple, intuitive and elegant design and solid UX skills with experience building real products for the web and mobile.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing new features and/or products that bring great value to the shipping industry.
- Understand the user and the desired user flows
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges that satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints
- Create highly-polished visual components using interaction design whilst following style and brand guidelines.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management & engineering, to ensure a smooth product development process
- Respect, maintain and enrich our Design System
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience designing products that people love.
- A proven track record of user interface design, across a number of products that have been used by different demographics
- Proficient in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with prototyping tools and taking a product from the idea stage through to launch and beyond.
- Ability to understand product mission and value proposition and to use user research and using analytics to design simple and relevant interfaces that delight the targeted personas.
- Strong knowledge of current UX best practices, including user research and accessibility across mobile and web
- Have an online portfolio or PDF to share with us.
- Be a great communicator.
Nice to have:
- Understanding mobile best practices and different OS requirements
- Experience in B2B products
- Be able to bring your prototypes and ideas to life through animations
- Understanding how traditional design principles work and be able to apply them in your work
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% performance bonus/incentive
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan
- Fun and well-equipped work environment